At Lumix, teamwork, fun, innovation and work-life balance are aspects imbedded in our culture. We are not your typical CPA firm! If you are a go-getter, find fulfillment in supporting nonprofits, and enjoy breaks to laugh with coworkers, this opportunity may be a great fit for you! We are looking for a Staff Accountant who wants to be part of our fast-paced and fun firm.
- Month-End Close— responsible for the full accounting cycle and provide assistance in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Financial Records— organize and maintain clients’ financial records, prepare and post journal entries to the Intacct accounting system, and analyze account reconciliations.
- Budget Preparation—assist manager in budget preparation and cash flow forecasts.
- Audit Preparation— provide support to auditors for clients’ annual audit.
- Payroll— process payroll for clients using Paycycle.
- About 5% travel to client sites in the DC Metro area.
- BA/BS in accounting or finance, or equivalent working experience.
- 2+ years of experience preferably in nonprofit accounting.
- Technically adept—working knowledge of automated accounting systems like Intacct, proficiency in Excel, and able to learn and use new software and applications.
- Nonprofit accounting—strong understanding of the accounting nuances of nonprofit organizations and federal awards preferred.
- Communication proficiency—exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Planning/organizing—ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, work independently and with others.
- Adaptability—able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected situations.
- Critical thinking and problem solving—ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Quality control—highly detail oriented, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitor his/her own work and the work of others to ensure quality.
- Accountability – demonstrate accountability for results
- Robust benefits, including 90% employer paid health insurance.
- 401k with automatic company contribution.
- Comp time during tax season.
- Paid parking.
- Free shuttle to Bethesda metro.
- Fun office with a friendly and open culture.